MANUFACTURING OF SIGLE OR DOUBLE ROTATION MOLDS
FOR MONO / MULTI INJECTION - IMA - ISMS TECHNOLOGIES
THE INDEX PLATES
A ROTATING PLATE + TRANSLATION OF A SHAFT
TO OPTIMISE THE MULTI MATERIAL APPLICATIONS
MULTI INJECTION MOLDING
MULTI MATERIAL OVERMOLDING OF PARTS
WITH COMPLEX 3D SHAPES
IMA - IN MOLD ASSEMBLY
INJECTING, ASSEMBLING AND WELDING PARTS
IN ONE OPERATION INSIDE THE MOLD
ISMS - INJECTION BLOWING
MANUFACTURING OF BLOW MOLDED PARTS
ON STANDARD MOLDING MACHINES AT LOW COST
THICK OPTICAL LENSES
MOLDS FOR THICK OPTICAL LENSES
WITH INJECTION TIMES UNDER 60 SECONDS
JP Grosfilley is one of the leaders on the market in manufacturing technical molds for multi material and multi layer plastic parts.
The company is specialized in manufacturing tools for water tight assemblys of plastic parts, structural parts, and insulation parts.
JP Grosfilley can design and manufacture molds able to produce plastic parts made up to 4 different materials in one operation.
THE INDEX PLATES
Attached to the moving plate of the molding machine, JP Grosfilley’s Index Plate allows you to rotate a shaft connected to the ejector plate and going through both the moving plate and the Index Plate.
Results a combined 3D movement “translation + rotation” which allows the user new injection possibilities.
When with a rotating plate it is only posible to overmold the front of a part, the combination of a translating + rotating shaft allow the part to be moved to another cavity inside the mold. This allows then to overmold both the front and the back of a part.
Invented and manufactured by JP Grosfilley, the Index Plate allows to access new possibilities in terms of:
- Shapes of parts – the parts can be overmolded with a 3D shape
- Molding possibilities – new technologies have been developed around the Index Plate, such as the IMA “In Mold Assembly” which allow to assemble and weld parts together inside the mold
- Cycle times – no more need to swich the parts from a machine to another to finish it, the rotating system of the Index Plate moves it automatically to another cavity
- Efficency and rejected parts – no more need to manually move the part, no more problems when removing the part with the Index Plate : the part remains inside the mold
- Low maintenance and high reliability – as opposed to a rotating plate, its conception without friction greatly reduces the maintenance and make it very reliable
- Modularity – no more than 20 to 30 minutes are necessary to install or remove an Index Platefrom a molding machine